Makes 4 servings
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound veal medallions
1 cup all-purpose flour
salt and pepper to taste
1 large shallot, minced
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup dry Marsala
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup low-sodium beef broth
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 250F
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Lightly coat the veal medallions in flour, and season with salt and pepper.
Cook for about 5 minutes in skillet (internal temperature of 160F)
Remove from the skillet, place in a baking dish covered with foil, and keep warm in the preheated oven until ready to serve.
Heat the rest of olive oil in the skillet over medium low heat, and saute the shallot and mushrooms, scraping up any browned bits, until shallots are tender.
Raise heat to medium high, and stir in the Marsala and garlic.
Cook and stir until thickened.
Mix the chicken broth and beef broth into the skillet, and continue to cook and stir until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
Remove from heat, and whisk in the butter until melted.
Serve over the veal.
- Pocket-sized quick-read thermometer that’s great for measuring temp in thin cuts of meat, fish or poultry
- 5-inch stainless steel stem can get a reading in 6-8 seconds; stainless steel housing surrounding the digital readout
- Large-digit readout, data-hold capabilities, 10-minute auto-off, plastic sheath with pen clip
- Temperature range of -40 to 450 degrees F (-40 to 230 degrees C)
- Powered by LR44 button battery (included); backed by 5-year limited warranty