Makes 2 servings
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon butter
2 veal chops
1 portobello mushroom, sliced
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 cup red wine
- Pocket-sized quick-read thermometer that’s great for measuring temp in thin cuts of meat, fish or poultry
- 5-inch stainless steel stem can get a reading in 6-8 seconds; stainless steel housing surrounding the digital readout
- Large-digit readout, data-hold capabilities, 10-minute auto-off, plastic sheath with pen clip
- Temperature range of -40 to 450 degrees F (-40 to 230 degrees C)
- Powered by LR44 button battery (included); backed by 5-year limited warranty
Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil with butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Cook chops until browned, takes about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Once browned, stir in mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
Add chicken broth and rosemary
Cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in red wine, raise heat, and cook, uncovered, until sauce is reduced by half.
Veal chops may be removed at any time to prevent over-cooking, then returned to the pan for the final minute.
Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and serve.