Makes 4 Servings
4 6 oz salmon steaks
1/4 cup peanut oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp scallions, chopped
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
1/2 tsp red chili flakes, or more to taste
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/8 tsp salt
Place the salmon steaks in a glass dish.
Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the salmon.
Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
Heat the grill.
- Pocket-sized quick-read thermometer that’s great for measuring temp in thin cuts of meat, fish or poultry
- 5-inch stainless steel stem can get a reading in 6-8 seconds; stainless steel housing surrounding the digital readout
- Large-digit readout, data-hold capabilities, 10-minute auto-off, plastic sheath with pen clip
- Temperature range of -40 to 450 degrees F (-40 to 230 degrees C)
- Powered by LR44 button battery (included); backed by 5-year limited warranty
Remove the salmon from the marinade, brush the grill with oil and place the salmon on the grill.
Grill over medium heat for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at the thickest part, turning halfway through cooking, or until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork.
Don’t forget to wash your hands with soap and warm water before handling any food!
Printable Version of Recipe