Red Snapper Provencal
2 Tbsp olive oil
12 oz red snapper, bass, or tilapia fillets, cut into 4 portions
1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 3–4 cloves)
1/2 Cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 Cup canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1/4 Cup black olives, sliced
1/2 Tbsp anchovy paste (optional)
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped(or ½ Tbsp dried)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-bottom sauté pan.
Add fillets, and sauté over high heat for 4–5 minutes on each side or until each side is golden brown and the fish flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F).
Remove fillets from the pan, cover to keep warm,and set aside. Drain excess fat from pan, but do not clean.
Add garlic to sauté pan, and cook for about 30 seconds, until it begins to soften.
Do not brown.
Add chicken broth to the pan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add remaining ingredients, and return to a boil.
Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve each fish fillet with 1/2 cup of sauce.
4 servings serving size: 3 oz fish, 1/2 Cup sauce
each serving provides: calories 216 total fat 10 grams saturated fat 2 grams cholesterol 43 mg
sodium 341 mg total fiber 2 grams protein 25 grams carbohydrates 6 grams potassium 518 mg
- Pocket-sized quick-read thermometer that’s great for measuring temp in thin cuts of meat, fish or poultry
- 5-inch stainless steel stem can get a reading in 6-8 seconds; stainless steel housing surrounding the digital readout
- Large-digit readout, data-hold capabilities, 10-minute auto-off, plastic sheath with pen clip
- Temperature range of -40 to 450 degrees F (-40 to 230 degrees C)
- Powered by LR44 button battery (included); backed by 5-year limited warranty