Makes 6 to 8 servings
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 pounds veal shank
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3 sprigs fresh parsley
1 bay leaf
- Gas grill with porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and 3 stainless-steel burners
- 637-square-inch cooking/warming space, plus side burner and Sear Station burner
- Front-mounted control panel; individual electronic ignition system; Flavorizer bars
- Enclosed cart; built-in thermometer; 6 tool hooks; requires an LP tank (not included)
- Measures 30 inches long by 60 inches wide by 64-1/2 inches high; 10 year limited warranty. Assembly required
Stir together flour, salt, and black pepper together in a dish, dredge meat in seasoned flour.
Melt butter with oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
Brown meat. Remove meat from pan, and set aside.
Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic to drippings in pan.
Cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
Stir in tomato sauce, water, basil, thyme, parsley, and bay leaf.
Return meat to pan.
Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to simmer.
Cover, and cook for 2 1/2 hours.