- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ pounds of shrimp, peeled
- In a small bowl, mix together Cajun seasonings together (salt, pepper, cayenne, thyme, red pepper flakes, and paprika).
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, and add onion and garlic.
- Sauté over medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add remaining olive oil and lemon juice, and place shrimp in a single layer in the pan.
- Sprinkle shrimp with Cajun seasonings on both sides.
- Cook shrimp until its no longer pink (about 1 to 2 minutes per side).
Other Cooking Methods
If you’d rather grill or roast your shrimp instead of using your stove-top, that’s perfectly fine! For grilling, simply place all ingredients in aluminum foil, seal it up, and grill on high heat for about 10 minutes. To roast this shrimp recipe, drizzle oil on a baking sheet, place shrimp (coated with the other ingredients) on the baking sheet, and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for about 6 to 8 minutes.
Serve your shrimp over a bed of rice or pasta with grilled or sautéed vegetables.